Tally.ERP 9 - Auditors' Edition
A growing economy, widening tax net and increasing compliance requirements make an Auditor’s role critical. For a Chartered Accountant like yourself, this could mean time is at a premium. Travel and people costs escalate by the day. Manpower is in short supply. Instead of an ideal level workload across the year, you have short periods of intense work. You can turn all this around. Presenting Tally.ERP 9 – Auditors’ Edition, a powerful tool exclusively for CAs.
Tally.ERP 9 – Auditors’ Edition is designed to help you to transform your practice and streamline your clients’ businesses. Working in conjunction with Tally.ERP 9 installed at your clients’ offices, this unrivalled product can increase audit efficiency, reduce time and effort, increase opportunity by adding new services to your portfolio, and more. Avail of the never-before remote capability to access clients data from wherever you are – say directly from your office, and even offer value-added services like Continuous Compliance…just some of the many opportunities available to you via this unique product.
What’s in it for your clients
While you get a host of advantages, your clients too benefit from the evolved capabilities in Tally.ERP 9—the matching product version for them. Powerful business-enabling capabilities include excise for manufacturers, an integrated support centre and security management, payroll, with control and customisability built in. In addition they too get remote access, so they can have better access to your professional services, as well as their vendors, partners etc.
- Secure remote access to client data
- At-a-glance dashboard showing voucher/ledger correctness and verification status
- Easy-to-spot-errors via exceptions
- Special audit and compliance menus
- Generate annexure for Tax Audit under Sec 44AB
Benefits of Tally.ERP 9 - Auditors' Edition
1. Chartered Accountants can Increase audit efficiency
- Access to the client’s reports/data remotely (i.e. auditing at CA’s office or else where, without needing to visit client site)
- Special capabilities to assist in regular Statutory Compliance
- Audit Dashboard and generation of annexure and reports for Tax Audit, such as:
- Form 3CD Annexure Clause16, Clause 17(h), Clause 21, Clause 24(a), Clause 24 (b), Annexure II, and Clause 27
- Access to special audit capabilities and reports such as (All services mentioned above can be provided remotely, using Tally.NET)
2. What’s in it for your clientsReduced time and effort
- 100% manual verification and validation of vouchers can be avoided; Tally.ERP 9 – Auditors’ Edition has the ability to show vouchers which have errors and those which do not, separately. This will help the Chartered Accountant segregate vouchers for audit conveniently.
- Based on the audit requirement, Tally.ERP 9 – Auditors’ Edition will display all the appropriate vouchers/data. For eg, in case of Cash Payment Audit, not just the Cash Payment Vouchers are displayed but the related transactions of those payments are also displayed. This will reduce considerable time and effort on collating all vouchers one by one.
- Clarifications required from the Client can be posted on the product by the Chartered Accountant and the client’s reply/corrections can be tracked too. Thus reducing the turn around time for corrections.
- Remote Audit (i.e. auditing at CA’s office or else where, without needing to visit client site) allows continuous access to Senior Partners for on-the-spot query resolution leading to faster closures and better quality of audit.
- Special capabilities to assist in continuous Statutory Compliance without needing to visit client site
- Considerable reduction in commute time and cost for most tasks because of the remote capability
3. Increase scope of additional revenue through special services:
- With considerable time saved, a Chartered Accountant can provide Business Advisory services to the clients for better business practices
- Back-to-back access to vast network of Tally Product Support Specialists, to offer advisory and consulting services to the clients
- Proximity to expertise in resolving queries also leads to higher efficiency
- Remote authorisation &authentication
Check done by the Tally.NET server to ensure that the user has permission to access data
2. Create and maintain remote-users.
(The number of remote-users one can create is defined by the edition of the product; Silver or Gold)
3. Remote access of data by any user (including Chartered Accountants)
4. Control Centre Account management through Tally.ERP 9
5. Register and Connect your companies from Tally.ERP 9
6. The Support Center in the Tally Application/product will help in posting queries from the application and track their responses.
7. Synchronisation of data
Earlier, there were 2 ways of synchronising data from multiple offices
to one and vice verse:
- Synchronisation through
- Link Server (A free service)
Now, with the Tally.ERP 9 release, there will be 2 ways of Data Synchronisation:
- Sychronisation through Static IP (A charged service)
- Synchronisation through Tally.NET Subscription (Subscription Charges payable)
- Sychronisation through Static IP (A free service)
8. Latest updates will be part of the Tally.NET subscription
FAQ's on Tally.NET
Yes Tally.NET is secure. There are different ways to look at security.
a. We ensure that the data is NEVER stored anywhere but on your own machine, which you have the full ability to TRUST, since your machine is in your control.
b. We ensure that your machine is never ‘visible’ on the Internet. In fact, it works as if you are using a normal E-Mail program or browser, where YOU can get something from the Web, but not the other way around. Again, this adds to your TRUST of machine security. (Some people mistakenly believe that giving access to the Internet makes their machine vulnerable to viruses. Not true. It is ONLY if they download wrong things from the web, that this happens. Connecting a machine is harmless.)
c. We ensure that only people YOU TRUST get access to your data. YOU decide who gets it, and if you have any suspicion that someone has accidentally given away their password, you can immediately switch off the company from WHERE EVER YOU ARE.
d. We have ensured that even the machine which is holding the data NEVER becomes a ‘server’ – but becomes a ‘client’ to Tally.NET. On the other side, the machine which is ‘requesting’ the data, ALSO becomes a ‘client’ to Tally.NET.
From the current release onwards both direct-client and server will be part of default product. Only when data synchronisation is done, it will be require a Tally.NET subscription
If the Data is local, then the capabilities are determined by the local license, if the data is remote, then it is determined by the license which is operating that data. The ‘Functional Capability and Data Access Rights’ are determined by the nature of the Remote License (for all practical purposes, this is a THIRD license!) … so, if my Remote License is Tally.ERP 9 – Auditors’ Edition, the user gets Auditors’ Rights and Functionality, if it is regular, user gets Regular Rights and Functionality (currently only these two types exist). While it can appear to sound complicated, the usage behavior is simple and intuitive.
First they have a similarity that both of them can open a company remotely and operate it using the license on which they were created. However one is created on Tally.ERP 9 and other one on the Tally.ERP 9 – Auditors’ Edition which makes them different since the license and subscription capabilities are different. A registered CA with an auditor license will have admin remote-id. This is what CA would share with his clients for them to authorize him for auditing. Internally, CA would create more remote-ids (sub-ids) for his staff (Article Clerk) and authorize them on various client companies himself. The client need not know or authorize the sub-ids, this is for the CA to manage. When a remote-user is authenticated on Tally.NET, his authorisation on companies is directly checked but when a remote – CA is authenticated, first the authorization of the admin remote-id of the CA is checked and then his assigned staff is picked up for access.
- Tally.NET subscription for Tally.ERP 9 Silver (Single User Edition) customers is Rs. 3,600/-.
- Tally.NET subscription for Tally.ERP 9 Gold (Multi User Edition) customers is Rs. 10,800/-.
- Tally.NET subscription for Tally.ERP 9 – Auditors’ Edition is Rs. 5,400/-.